Monday, July 8, 2013

Life Happens!!

It has been a tough May and June to say the very least in our family.  My grandson was in a terrible auto accident on June 14th.  As a result, I have spent more time to and fro to the hospital than in front of my sewing machine.  I was able to get a lot of knitting and crocheting done as I needed to be portable but very little sewing.  I mentioned last month that I had a terrible case of startitis, so I guess it is a good thing that I have been able to  come down with a case of finishitis this week.  As we go through the week I will feature each of the finished projects that are going into my shop.

I received a wonderful package in the mail this morning that really picked my spirits up.  I had been trying to expand my networking over the last couple of weeks by adding new blogs to follow and other twitter accounts that share common interests.  I was over at Pile O' Fabric looking at Alyssa's latest project, and happen to see a contest she was having.  Well, I decided to enter, of course, and low and behold, I won.

 The prize is a marvelous boxed collection of Tula Pink, Aurifil varigated quilting thread.  Just in time for my case of finishitis.  Now the only thing I have to do is decide which beautiful color I should use first.  Thank you again, Alyssa for the wonderful contest.  I will be checking back often.

No comments: